Open to all high school students going into their junior or senior year.
The Communication Department at SUNY Buffalo State offers this intensive, five-day summer workshop for Buffalo-area high school students heading into their sophomore, junior or senior year who have a serious interest in journalism.
The workshop introduces students to basic skills in news reporting, writing, editing, interviewing and the use of video. Students will get hands-on experience using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Buffalo State faculty and professional journalists from Western New York teach the sessions. Guest speakers and special guests are invited. Students produce original work across several multi-media platforms that are posted online at the end of the week.
• Work with Buffalo State journalism faculty and local journalists
• Get hands-on experience with state-of-the-art equipment
• Learn techniques and skills to apply to campus media
• Have their multi-media report published online
• Workshop runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day
• $200 tuition
• Application date TBA. Class size limited to 12.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.