Open to all high school students going into their junior or senior year.
The Communication Department at SUNY Buffalo State offers this intensive, five-day summer workshop for Buffalo-area high school students heading into their sophomore, junior or senior year who have a serious interest in journalism.
The workshop will introduce students to basic skills in news reporting, writing, editing, interviewing and the use of video. Students will get hands-on experience using state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Buffalo State faculty and professional journalists from Western New York will teach the sessions. Guest speakers and special guests have been invited. Students will produce original work across several multi-media platforms that will be posted online at the end of the week.
• Work with Buffalo State journalism faculty and local journalists
• Get hands-on experience with state-of-the-art equipment
• Learn techniques and skills to apply to your own campus media
• Have your multi-media report published online
• Workshop runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day
• $200 tuition
• Apply by May 31. Class size limited to 12.
Back to Top